Merchant Entry Requirements
There are 125 spots available in Fall 2014 Twisted Hunt. Applicants will be reviewed in order, and the first 125 applicants to qualify will be awarded these spots.
Please make sure to review these requirements carefully. If your application is incomplete or requires changes (such as a landing point too far from your door), and 125 stores are approved before you can address the issue and resubmit your application, you will NOT be awarded one of the spots in the hunt. We urge you to take care to get it right the first time. ;)
The Twisted Hunt welcomes applications from any merchants who:
- are creators of original content
- have a main store location that will allow visitors to land inside or within 15 meters of the front door
- are established and have at least 25 items in their store for sale AND have been open for at least 9 months
- are willing to give away at least one new, original item as a hunt prize that meets the guidelines for prizes
- are willing to display a poster for the hunt in at least one store location (up to 6 prims)
- will be in a maximum of 4 hunts or events (including Twisted) with start dates between August 15 and October 14
We will show preference for any merchants who:
- cater directly to the ‘Twisted’ audience
- commit to making gifts for both women and men, or a unisex gift
- commit to additional fun and games at their location for the hunt
(please note that ‘typical’ side games such as midnight mania and lucky chairs do not satisfy this criteria)
- commit to doing a special gacha for twisted hunters
We will decline any applicants who:
- provide a SLurl or force a landing point more than 15m from their front door
- are located in a mall without direct teleport capability
- are not a store
- sell ‘art prints’ that are not their own, original artwork
- sell gestures or similar items that include sound bites from songs, television, movies, etc.
- are resellers of other people’s stuff
(a few vendors are okay, but must be less than 25% of your merchandise)
- are breedables merchants
(a few breedables or items for breedables are acceptable, but it must make up less than 25% of your merchandise)
- market themselves directly to SL kids
(if your keywords contain keywords aimed at SL kids, or more than 5% of your merchandise is for kids, we consider this marketing directly to SL kids)
- are currently suspended from participating in Twisted events due to repetitive rule infractions in Twisted events and/or sister hunts.
- NOTHING THAT INFRINGES IP COPYRIGHTS WILL BE TOLERATED.
Merchant Selection Process
Each applying merchant is ‘scored’ on multiple criteria, most of which are expressed above. If a merchant’s tallied points result in an overall passing score, they are accepted into the hunt. If the tallied points do not amount to a passing score, the application is declined. While we will not share the exact point system (for obvious reasons), merchants who take the above lists to heart should find themselves favorably scored.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, we will not be able to provide explanations for declined applications. If your application is declined, it is likely you can discern the reason by reviewing the merchant entry requirements above.