There are now 14 featured sponsorships available for any Twisted Hunt. (It used to be nine, but SO many people wanted to participate, we had to make more room!) Featured sponsors get special consideration from the hunt organizers, in return for the special consideration they give.
Some stores have met with great success in Second Life, and we hope some of them are willing to lend the Twisted Hunt a little of their thunder, in order to improve things for everyone – both the other merchants in the hunt and the people who go on it.
Note: Featured Sponsor Space is Limited.
These spots are first come, first serve. When we have 14, we’re full.
Benefits of featured sponsorship include:
- Early placement in the hunt itself – OR, pick your location.
Everyone knows that not everyone who starts a hunt finishes it – so the featured sponsors will come ahead of every one else in the hunt, affording them as many visitors from the hunt as possible. Or, if you’d prefer to come somewhere after #15 in the hunt, you can choose that.
- Featured placement on the hunt website.
You supply the JPEG image, twenty words or less to describe your store, website and SLurl link, and we put them right on the homepage (and many other pages in the site) until the hunt ends. The JPG must be 100 pixels wide, and a maximum of 100 pixels tall.
- Your store’s name in the final hunt poster.
Sponsor store names are featured in all final hunt posters, displayed at every hunt location.
- Your store’s name in any press releases or guest blog appearances.
We don’t know how many places we’ll be able to post written details for the hunt – but we’re going to post as many as we can, and your store’s name will be mentioned in them specifically.
- Any other ideas about benefits we might offer featured sponsors? Let us know!
Requirements for Featured Sponsors
In order to be a featured sponsor, you must:
- meet all the basic requirements for participation in the hunt.
- have a parceled, main store location that averages 4,000+ for daily traffic with no camping. If you have camping (bots, AFK models, camping chairs, etc.) on your main store location, you must average 8,000+ for daily traffic.
- be willing to display a Twisted Hunt kiosk prominently near the landing point of your main store until the hunt ends. (It won’t be terribly large, or more than 30 prims.)
- be willing to not sell the item created for the hunt until the day after the hunt ends. (You don’t have to sell it, ever – but you MUST agree not to sell it before the hunt ends.)
- be willing to post the official release notice (and maybe some unofficial cheering) on your store’s blog or website, if you have one.
- be willing to announce the hunt a few times to your store update group, subscribo group, etc. — anywhere you can.
Why ask so much?
Because we all know that driving quality traffic in SL can be like trying to herd cats – and that the promise of great, exclusive freebies from high-profile designers is bound to draw attention. And, we hope that you – like us – love the Twisted Hunt and the audience it serves, and want to see it succeed.
Note: The requirements above are based on exposure – a merchant’s ability to attract many shoppers to the hunt. A busy main store location is the easiest way… but there are other ways too. If you have an idea, feel free to let us know – we may be willing to work with you on main store traffic requirements if you have something else just as good.
If you want to be a featured designer, there is a section in the merchant application to indicate this.